The 37th Victoires de la Musique ceremony saw Orelsan rewarded with three trophies this Friday evening, and Clara Luciani two others. Barbara Pravi, Ben Mazué and the group Terre Noire complete the list of winners.
A dance by Stromae
The public was back in the Seine Musicale hall this Friday for the 37th edition of the Victoires de la Musique, which opened with a ballet danced to « The Show Must Go On » by Queen, then on the performance of the honorary president of the ceremony, Stromae, who made the public dance on « Santé », assisted by an animated avatar. This ceremony saw the coronation of rapper Orelsan with three Victories including that of the male artist. Clara Luciani is the other queen of the evening, awarded for the best album of the year with « Heart » against Juliette Armanet, Orelsan, Hubert-Félix Thiéfaine and Feu! Chatterton, and also awarded as female artist of the year.
The full list of awards :
• Original song of the year: « L’Odeur de l’essence » by Orelsan
• Album: « Heart » by Clara Luciani • Male artist: Orelsan
• Female artist: Clara Luciani
• Tour: Ben Mazue
• Male revelation: Black Earth
• Female revelation: Barbara Pravi
• Audiovisual creation: Orelsan and Clément Cotentin, « Never show that to anyone »