The Café de la Paix is one of the most legendary restaurants in Paris which brilliantly practices the French culinary art since 1862.
A Napoleon III decor
Mythical address of the Grands Boulevards, the Café de la Paix revives after a complete restoration with the panache of its famous Napoleon III decor. Inaugurated in 1862, at the same time as the Grand Hotel with which it is one, this institution of Parisian life has since then been at the heart of Parisian artistic life. It opened its doors in 1862. It was then the café restaurant of the Grand Hôtel de la Paix. In 1896, film screenings were organized there. It has welcomed generations of Parisians who have met there, loved each other, shared simple moments like a coffee. Among its famous regulars there were at the end of the 19th century Tchaikovsky, Massenet, Zola, Maupassant…
The famous onion soup
The Café de La Paix is today an elegant restaurant, a successful alchemy between a Napoleon III listed decor, eternal and perfectly preserved, and a more contemporary spirit declined through clean lines and natural colors. It is the Parisian chic appreciated for more than 150 years by the whole of Paris as the guests of a day come from all over the world to taste the classics of French cuisine. And on the plate, Chef Laurent André, a Jura resident trained with Alain Chapel and Alain Ducasse, offers beautiful recipes from the French culinary arts, reinterpreted with brio and modernity. The famous Café de la Paix onion soup, made according to the recipe developed when it opened in 1862, is obviously still on the menu. Foie gras, tartare, sole and au gratin with onions… essentials of the culinary repertoire revisited with subtlety. Not forgetting the oysters, shellfish and crustaceans from the Banc de l’Écailler.
5 Opera Square 75009 Paris