Place Louis Aragon is a haven of peace located on the Ile Saint-Louis in Paris, inaugurated 10 years ago.
Inaugurated in 2012
Place Louis Aragon is located at the western tip of Île Saint-Louis. It is one of the last born of the district since it bears this name since March 2012 (there was a “Louis Aragon alley” in Les Halles since 1985 but it disappeared with the recent destruction of the Lalanne Garden). Place Louis Aragon is a relatively quiet place since it is not a crossing point : it is located at the end of the bend formed at this place by the Quai de Bourbon.
Near the apartment of Aurélien
The small Place Louis Aragon is located a stone’s throw from the apartment of Aurélien, the hero of the Aragon novel which bears the same name. The plaque bears a few verses by the poet: “Do you know the island / In the heart of the city / Where everything is quiet / Forever” Bertrand Delanoë, former mayor of Paris, inaugurated the square in 2012 Paris, where he died in 1982, held an important place in the life of Louis Aragon, notably in his novels, “Le Paysan de Paris” (1926), “Les Beaux Quartiers” (1936), “Aurélien” and the collection of poems “Il ne m’est Paris que d’Elsa” (1964).