Symbol of French gastronomy, crème Chantilly is recognized worldwide and envied by our neighbors. But do you know Its story ?
History of Chantilly cream
It is the young butler François Vatel who would have created the Crème chantilly (whipped cream). And inadvertently. In 1671, at the request of Louis II de Bourbon-Condé, François Vatel was responsible for organizing a reception given in honor of the visit of King Louis XIV. Faced with a shortage of cream in the kitchens of the Château de Chantilly, the pastry chef-caterer would then have decided to whip the cream that he had left to give it volume and thus serve all the guests. And, now here is the classic recipe :
• 50cl very cold single cream
• 60g Icing sugar
• Vanilla extract (a little)
1 : Pour the liquid cream into a bowl
2. Whip with an electric mixer fitted with whipped egg beaters until the cream takes on a frothy consistency.
3. Add the icing sugar and vanilla extract. Keep beating.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.