A little air of Brittany in our kitchens with this recipe of macaroons filled with salted butter caramel, a typical Breton specialty and very easy to make.
Ingredients for 25 macaroons :
- 125g of almond powder
- 200g icing sugar
- 150g powdered sugar
- 3 Egg whites
- 100g salted butter
- 10 cl liquid fresh cream
Preheat the oven to 180°C (thermostat 6).
For the macaroons :
- In a salad bowl, put the 200 g of icing sugar and the 125 g of ground almonds and mix well.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until very stiff and gently fold them into the almond powder/icing sugar mixture.
- Put parchment paper on the oven plate, and form small circles with the previous mixture, about 3 cm in diameter, arrange them in staggered rows.
- Let them rest for 30 min (this allows you to obtain very smooth shells) !
- Bake for about 10 min at 180°C (thermostat 6), watch carefully because it depends on the ovens, it should give golden caps.
- Wait for the caps to cool a little to take them off.
For the caramel :
- Melt 150 g of powdered sugar in a saucepan, avoid mixing too much otherwise it will make lumps (to make a caramel).
- When the sugar is golden brown and liquid, remove the pan from the heat and gradually add the 100 g of salted butter, sometimes you have to put it back on low heat so that it mixes well.
- Add 10 cl of liquid cream, essential so that the caramel does not harden. Sometimes a smaller quantity is enough, it prevents the macaroons from leaking all over the place !
- Wait for the caramel to cool a little. Finally move on to training: Spread the caramel between 2 macaroon shells. All you have to do is wait for the next day to taste them.