The temperatures are dropping… so you are looking for good dishes with sauce to warm you up, So here is a great classic, beef bourguignon.
The ingredients of the Beef Bourguignon :
• 1.2 kg braising beef (twin or scoter)
• 150 g of smoked bacon
• 20 g of flour
• 1 carrot
• 1 onion
• 200 g pearl onions
• 1 clove of garlic
• 1/2 bottle of red Burgundy wine
• 2 tbsp. oil soup
• 1 beef stock cube
• 4 stalks of parsley
• 2 sprigs of thyme
• salt and pepper
Preparing the recipe
1. Thoroughly degrease the meat and cut it into cubes. Peel and mince the garlic and onion. Peel the baby onions. Peel the bacon and cut it into small pieces. Scrape the carrot, cut it into cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a casserole. Brown the bacon for 5 minutes, then add the onions, carrot and garlic. Leave to brown for another 5 minutes then drain with a slotted spoon.
3. Replace with the meat cubes, dust them with flour and brown them on all sides. Put the bacon bits and the vegetables (except pearl onions) back into the pan. Wet with the wine and the broth (prepared with the cube diluted in 30 cl of hot water).
4. Salt and pepper, add the parsley and thyme, cover and cook for 2½ hours over medium heat. Fifteen minutes before the end of cooking, put the baby onions back in the pan. Serve very hot.