Created during the inauguration of the Opéra Garnier in 1875, the Grand Café Capucines quickly became an essential place on the Grands Boulevards.
Revisits the traditional dishes
Inaugurated in 1875, the Grand Café Capucines quickly became one of the most popular haunts in the capital and for Parisians for a day. Located in the 9th arrondissement, this Parisian brasserie is a witness and actor of the incessant cultural activity of the Boulevard des Capucines. Boulevard des Capucines is at the heart of the theater district and the activity there is incessant. For more than a century, the Grand Café Capucines has adopted an Art Nouveau aesthetic, reminiscent of the Belle Epoque, with a large glass roof in autumn tones, woodwork, carved chairs and padded benches. Open daily from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., this restaurant revisits the traditional dishes that make the reputation of French gastronomy. The Chef offers you a cuisine that harmoniously combines flavors and always respects the seasonality of the products.
Redesigned by talented architects
Oysters, Parisian-style lobster and seafood platters can be tasted, in continuous service, with colleagues, family or friends, for an after-show dinner, a romantic dinner…or for lunch on the terrace ! To restore the address to its full grandeur, the talented architects Hugo Toro and Maxime Liautard (Klay, Perruche, Restaurant BB) have redesigned the restaurant by bringing elegance and modernity while retaining its beautiful brasserie spirit and the markers that have made its history and its success : new brighter façade and modern interiors. The red benches have been maintained at the back of the room, blue armchairs and coral seats have appeared while more light passes through the glass roof which surmounts the winter garden-style terrace. Mirrors and large pillars clad in reflective brass give the place a completely different spirit.
Open 7/7 and 24/24, the restaurant offers a menu that reconnects with the DNA of the Brasserie.
Grand Café Capucines
4, boulevard des Capucines